The original lightbox script. Eight years later — still going strong!
For demos and usage instructions, visit lokeshdhakar.com/projects/lightbox2/.
- Maintenance. Get open Issues and PRs number down.
- Mobile experience. Redo animations and interactions from scratch and include gesture support.
v3.0 - IN PLANNING PHASE
- Add touch gesture support.
- Optimize layout for mobile.
- Optimize layout for screens of varying densities.
- Use inline SVG for UI elements.
- Do not initialize automatically and allow multiple instances.
- Add event handlers.
- Allow the setting of options from HTML.
- Allow instantiation with jQuery plugin syntax.
- If one of the two options, maxWidth or maxHeight, is set, maintain aspect ratio.
- Evaluate start, end, and transition animations.
- Evaluate preloading and caching.
- Evaluate droppping jQuery requirement.
- If user attempts to go forward when at end of image set, animation (shake?) indicating the end or option to close Lightbox.
- Add Lightbox to NPM Registry.
v2.8.1 - 2015-07-09
v2.8.0 - 2015-06-29
- [Add] UMD support (AMD, CommonJS, fallback to global export).#461
- [Add] CONTRIBUTING.md
v2.7.4 - 2015-06-23
- [Change] Revert jquery dep version to 2.x from 1.x. Added note to Lightbox page about using jQuery 1.x to get IE6, 7, and 8 support.
- [Fix] Preserve author and license comments from lightbox.js in minified files.
v2.7.3 - 2015-06-22
- [Add] Barebone HTML file with examples /examples/index.html.
- [Add] jquery.lightbox.js which concatenates jQuery and Lightbox. This is for those who are Bower averse or want an extra easy install.
v2.7.2 - 2015-06-16
- [Add] maxWidth and maxHeight options added #197
- [Add] Enable target attribute in caption links #299
- [Change] Switched to The MIT License from Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- [Change] Add CSS and images to bower.json main property.
- [Change] Dropped version property from bower.json. #453
- [Change] Use src -> dist folder structure for build.
- [Fix] Remove empty src attribute from img tag #287
- [Fix] Correct grammatical error in comment #224
- [Fix] Clear the jquery animation queue before hiding the .lb-loader #309
- [Remove] Remove releases’s zips from repo.
v2.7.1 - 2014-03-30
- [Fix] Enable links in captions
v2.7.0 - 2014-03-29
- [Add] Support for data-title attribute for the caption. - Thanks @copycut
- [Add] New option to enable always visible prev and next arrows
- [Change] Updated jQuery to v1.10.2
- [Fix] prev/next arrows not appearing in IE9 and IE 10 - Thanks @rebizu
- [Fix] Support wrap around option w/keyboard actions. Thanks @vovayatsyuk
v2.6.0 - 2013-07-06
- [Add] Added wraparound option
- [Add] Added fitImagesInViewport option - now mobile friendly
- [Add] Added showImageNumber label
- [Add] Compatibility with html5shiv
- [Add] Html5 valid using new data-lightbox attribute
- [Add] Compatibility with hmtl5shiv and modernizr
- [Add] Support jquery 1.9+
- [Change] Move reference to loading and close images into css
- [Change] Cache jquery objects
v2.5.0 - 2012-04-11
- [Change] Switch to jQuery from Prototype and Scriptaculous
- [Change] Switch from Javacript to Coffeescript
- [Change] Switch from CSS to SASS
- [Add] Repo created on Github
How to deploy
- Update version number in
- Update README.md Changelog with release date
- grunt build
- Push to Github repo
- Create a new Github release along with tag. Naming convention for both